SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nandina_gw

Potpourri

nandina
17 years ago

It seems to me that every once in awhile we ought to take time out and have a thread of 'random thoughts' related to landscaping.

I awoke this morning thinking about a question asked of me yesterday, "Why doesn't someone write a book titled Landscaping Made Simple?" As I thought about the subject, outlining chapter titles in my mind, the concept went from 'simple' to 'complicated. Although, I did settle on the title of Chapter One...First Step, Buy An Attractive Property.

An alert that the Arnold Arboretum has just put all the past issues of its magazine, "Arnoldia", on line. I can't seem to link it in here today but Eric will probably be able to find and post it. This is a treasure trove of landscape, garden history and gardening articles which everyone should bookmark and read in idle moments.

I have just finished reading a new book, GARDENING BY THE SHORE written by Houghton Mifflin's garden editor, Frances Tenenbaum. Those of you dealing with the elements of seaside gardening around the country should find some helpful landscaping tips in this book.

So...any other random landscaping thoughts out there?

Comments (20)