SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hriant88

how to make live on a 160ac farm

hriant88
16 years ago

Hi All:

I recently moved on to a 160acre farm in Ontario Canada after being 40 years in the big cities, and got lost :-). I guess I really need some help here to get ideas on how I can make for living with this piece of land as I have no idea at all of farming. Having said this, to give you all some ideas of what I have, basically my place is divided into two big lots, where I have 80 acres in mixed trees and running trails in it, and other 80 acres (with three side road frontages) that are slightly up and down rolling and all producable. We are living in Ontario Canada about an hour drive to Toronto downtown, and close to a little town called Sunderland where has a population of around 420 families and some retail stores on the sides of two major streets. I guess the weather is no different from any typical northen american areas (got fairly big snow this winter and started to see the green recently).

So I am looking at having a farm business setup this summer and hopefully to get some returns from next year so me and my family can live on. I would appreciate any idea from you all that would definitely help me to explore into further details

Cheers!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional