SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

Would like help w/ backyard landscape...

16 years ago

I have spent a lot of time on the cottage forum in the past year. I would love to get some help from this direction on my backyard area. I had several trees removed and the stumps ground. I then had a brick walkway and patio built and a fence erected. I built the rock walls. I planted a few perennials and then Alabama entered a D4 severe drought period that we have not left yet. I purchased the shrubs you see in the pic and have not planted them yet since I can't get a feel for how to place them and how many more I need. I really want to hide the fence since I think I made a mistake and it is not as attractive as I hoped even after staining. The whole fence is about 50 ft long x 6ft high and faces NNE . Once you get about 5 ft out the area does get a lot of hot sun in the summer PM. I have read a lot of posts on this forum and looked at pics but haven't seen anything that really pertains to my climate and situation. Any suggestions would be most welcome. The shrubs in the picture are Dwarf Leucothoe, Sweet Daphne, Fl Anise, Rhodea Japonica and a Tea olive. The azaleas in the far right have been moved now.

{{gwi:53151}}

{{gwi:53152}}

{{gwi:53153}}

Comments (6)