SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bindersbee

Let's Talk about Landscape Lighting

bindersbee
17 years ago

I love the drama that great landscape lighting can add to a landscape. I'm not to the point yet of being able to install it at my home- I'm still just finishing the sprinkler system. However, It seems like now might be a good time to plan.

What are your favorite types of lighting? What do you thing are the most effective uses of landscape lighting? Solar or low-voltage or other? What do you think are the biggest mistakes people make with lighting (other than a lack of it which is no doubt #1). Do you have a favorite vendor/ website?

I am not a fan of solar lighting in general- perhaps there are some good brands of it but it just doesn't seem to pack much of a wallop. Besides, the downside of not having to wire it is that it is easily stolen. I know that sounds nuts but our neighbors has 10 of their brand new solar lights stolen from their yard on a Thursday night. I guess the theives liked it really well because they came back a week later and stole 6 more. So, I guess if you do solar- you might want to set the buggers in concrete!

Comment (1)