SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
inkognito_gw

Gardening: a passion for dirt

inkognito
15 years ago

To continue a theme: a garden is the place for romance love and lust, some while ago there was a thread on the Garden Writers forum entitled "The Karma (sic) Sutra of Gardening" it's on page 12 or 13. Elizabeth (Dr Leda Hor ticulture) wrote this.

"At last spring has arrived, and I return to the Garden. Slowly I plunge my shovel into the soft, dark brown earth. She yields and crumbles, tumbling beneath the spade like wayward crumbs of rich moist devil's food cake. The shovel rises, and dips again, like a spoon into a flute of ephemerally fluffy sweet chocolate mousse. I scoop out mounds of dark bitter fudge marbled with Belgian Genoise, uncovering clusters of rich creamy caramel and chunks of crunchy pecans hiding beneath the surface. The dirt dribbles to the ground like warm milky syrup over hot pastry, a wickedly rich pain au chocolat. My knees grow weak.
Succumbing to temptation, I discard the shovel and fall to the earth, kneeling among hazlenut truffles and bits of broken toffee scattered throughout the fudge. I sink my hands into dreamy clouds of chocolate sponge cake enveloped in Grand Marnier chocolate ganache. I caress the essence of Original Sin: mint, amaretto, cappuccino, raspberry puree. I embrace layers of moist French chocolate complemented by the slight tang of orange zest. I bury my face in divinity, ribbons of double fudge laden with chips of dark chocolate swirl across my lips. My thighs are lost to the fertility of coconut and marshmallow, plump mouth-watering raisins, walnuts with succulent blood-red cherries bursting with sweetness and soaked in the darkest of rums. I am coated with dark thick bittersweet rich brown earth. Lying face down in the garden, I find contentment"

Comments (8)