SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtrich1

redwood sorrell!!!

dirtrich1
15 years ago

Hello all, I'm fairly new here and love all the info. I'm going to start things off with a BIG BIG problem that I have. First, a little background on my situation...I live on four acres in a little place called Corralitos Ca. (about a mile or so from the monterey bay)I love to grow things and would like to eventually turn a profit from it (I suppose that would be classified as another big problem, eh?). Sooo, in my front yard field which is roughly one half acre, I've ended up with a giant form of oxalis. The bulbs on this are like a bulb of garlic but with infinitely more, and smaller, cloves, each of which will send up leaves. Not into roundup,though I may change my mind on that. Will chickens eat this stuff? Goats? It appears that this stuff sends up leaves individually from cloves, then when flowering all cloves fuse and it forms a large tap-root, then the many new bulbs form all around the mother bulb (which will continue to grow larger year by year adding more and more cloves to the bulb). Total eradication is the goal. Any ideas?

Dave

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus