SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmal14

Idea for backyard

tmal14
11 years ago

I've attached pictures of my backyard, and my wife and I are stumped on what to do and I'm hoping to get some ideas.

I've attached pictures of our yard as it is now, and you can see about half of it is grass, and the other half is woods/weeds/saplings that bump up against a major road.

We would like to clear up some of the woods, and get more grass for the yard, but are worried about removing to much foliage and see even more of the road then we do already. Plus the ground is fairly wet after it rains and stays that way for s while, so I'm not sure what will grow well. Eventually we will probably put a fence up along the back, but right now we will leave it as is and would like to block the road as much as possible.

Ultimately we would like to clear out and push the woods back so to speak. Other ideas we have thought about is to add a bed to help the yard feel bigger.

If anyone has plant/tree ideas I'm all ears. Right now its an overgrown mess and I'm not sure what should stay or what should go.

Pictures go right to left across my backyard.

{{gwi:50208}}

{{gwi:50209}}

{{gwi:50210}}

{{gwi:50211}}

{{gwi:50212}}

{{gwi:50213}}

Comments (17)