SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmw21

Foundation planting assistance

cmw21
14 years ago

I am having trouble with posting a picture at work but will do so when I get home.

To the left of the front door, there are 3 little leaf purple gem rhodies and white azaleas staggered in front. Down the left side of the bed are japonica pieris mountain fires. To the right of the door, I have planted the same rhodies and azaleas. I know they are quite small right now.

Under the last window, all the way on the right, I initially wanted to plant fine wine weigela with magic carpet spirea in front. This weekend, I was at our local nursery and the designer recommended vardar valley boxwood for under this window and the weigela in the front.

I think they are about the same size which was troubling to me. Also, do I need to have the evergreen in the back? Or what do you guys think about my first idea with the weigela and the spirea? I was going to balance by adding weigela and spirea along the left side as well. The bed is pretty big.

2nd issue - I think I need something with some height off the left corner and also in place of the red twig dogwood that is in between the 2nd and 3rd windows. Something evergreen in nature would be good. I was thinking a holly butr not sure how they would be with the deer.

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first home and I am desperately trying to make it look like one! We like to do things on our own as I like doing my own research and we are very hands-on but I am somewhat overwhelmed.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Comments (15)