SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phillyscott

Privacy Border for yard (hard/soft)

phillyscott
16 years ago

Below is a crude diagram of the back of my yard. Apparently it never bothered the previous owners, but it bothers me. The back of my yard is wide open and i have a wonderful view of my neighbors house and deck, and likewise, they have a wonderful view into the back of my house and deck also.

I want to plant type of tree fence at the back of my property to give me some privacy. I didnt want to do a traditonal privacy fence because it is too short (looking for 10-12' of height) and i dont think it looks quite that good all alone. I was thinking of maybe a combination of some trees and shrubs in front of a fence, but i also think just a "tree fence" would do fine. My question is, what is the best kind of tree/shrub to use if i want to get 10-12' max of height. I dont really know my options as i have never done this before. I live near Philadelphia so i am in Zone 6/7 and the area gets probably 80% sun

note- my property extends approx 3-4' behind the shed. So it would be ideal if i can get something that fills in this "gap" for the rest of the property line.

:
8'

:
[----------60'------------>Shed

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022