SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valentinetbear

Winterizing my rose bush

valentinetbear
18 years ago

Just in case I missed it, first, I did search to see if this has been asked, but found no answers.

I'm a newbie gardener, despite having a garden for the last five years, so I tend to do things before thinking of the consequences (doubly bad, considering I feel guilty, if I kill plants -- even weeds!)

So, I bought my first long lasting plant this summer, a rose bush and put it in a terra-cotta container. I can't even tell you what kind of rose bush it is, but, if you want to see a picture of it,there are two pictures of it on one of my web site pages (it's a personal site for my teddy bears, so don't worry about anything objectionable on it)-- http://spauldingtbear.tripod.com/spauldingandteddyswebden/id8.html -- one is on the bottom of the left column and another one is a little under midway on the right column.

Do I need to do anything to it to prepare it for winter? I was thinking of covering it up in a thick contractor bag (very thick black plastic bag), but I don't know if that's a good idea or not. I've found lots of info online about container gardening, even about which roses to plant (no fair researching before I decided what to get LOL), but nothing about what to do with them for the winter, if you live in the Midlantic states. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Lynn

the one with the brown thumb

Comments (5)