SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
louisianagal

color clashing?

louisianagal
15 years ago

I have read that pink and yellow just don't mix. Not sure if I agree with that. However, I have a garden that has a beautiful coral bark japanese maple. The leaves are yellow-green. Behind it is a leucothoe(sp?) that is planted for foliage and it's evergreen-ness, and also has a yellow-green sort of foliage. Then there are yellow daylillies and yellow daffs at the appropriate season. It all looks lovely. However, there is a large, grown sasanqua camellia very near and it's leaves are dark green and it has a big flush of pink flowers in fall/winter. The daffs and daylillies aren't in bloom with it, but the coral bark maple is there, and it really does not look "harmonious." I have read that there is a color or colors that one can put in between the two, to harmonize these two colored plants. Salmon is the color? Or something like that? I have a cement bird bath there, it is painted like a verdigris color (faded now after many years and salvaged from Hurricane Katrina) and it looks really almost turquoise. I can repaint it, or move it and put something else there. Any suggestions or help with color theory? I really don't want to remove that camellia, it is right outside my kitchen window and gives me joy in winter.

laurie

Comments (9)