SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontheairship

New house, new at landscaping, need help

ontheairship
12 years ago

After fixing up the interior of the new house, its time to tackle the front yard.

{{gwi:42258}}

Originally I had intended to shrink the flower bed so that it lined up with the walkway, but the more I think about it, the more I think I could make it look really great. The palm tree I could do without but it may prove more work than I care to do to remove it. There are two crape myrtles in that flower bed, the pink one you see and a purple one behind it that I would like to keep and really like. The buggest problem here is the flooding. I don't know what to do about it or what plants I could put here.

{{gwi:42261}}

There is another small bed from the driveway to the front door that also floods when it rains, and is mostly shaded. Right now the house does not have gutters (very strange for a FL house) but we will be installing them as the first step in the yard renovation.

{{gwi:42262}}

Lastly is this bed next to the garage. I don't really care for the rose bush and would like to remove it all together, but am interested in what ideas you all might have.

{{gwi:42263}}

I have never done anything like this before and really seeking ideas, opinions, and detailed explanations. I would like to stick to native plants or at least perennials so we don't have to re plant every year. I would like this ti be as low maintenance as possible but still nicer than bushes and mulch. Thanks in advanced to any and every comment.

Comments (5)