SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
santamiller

Can't figure out what to do with this corner�.

santamiller
9 years ago

We bought this house three years ago. The yard looked awful, very little landscaping and wasn't cared for at all. Since then I have gotten it in pretty good shape, most of my 8 beds around the house have been planted and filled in nicely. I still have some work to do but have made a ton of progress. This one corner on the right front has seemed to totally stump me. I just can't figure out what to do with it. I mulched it last year and have a few nandinas and philodendrons along the wall. I'm not at all happy with anything about this area and want to totally scrap it and start over. The area gets very little light due to the angle of the house and a very thick area of live oaks and cedar elms, except for some very intense afternoon South Texas afternoon sun in the summer. I think it needs some tall plants along the wall but am unsure what those might be with my conditions. I'm totally frustrated and am open to any thought, no matter the cost or amount of work. It doesn't have to be heavily planted. Rocking, flagstone with a concrete bench or other concrete art, any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks for your thoughts.

{{gwi:41146}}

{{gwi:41147}}

{{gwi:41148}}

Comments (13)