SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
senator13

Stormwater management plan example for residential?

senator13
13 years ago

We are building a home in Maryland and the county just approved new stormwater guidelines. We are going with a rain garden plan, and my husband was able to complete the calculations. However, he is stuck on the storm water calculations, and I am currently working to find out more information (like a residential sample, instead of a commercial site) to determine what is acceptable. The Maryland guidlines are helpful, but there is not quite enough information for me to know which numbers to plug in without concern that the county will quickly discredit the work. Also, I am not sure of the industry practice answer when it comes to interpreting the results. Part of the issue is the manual addresses commercial and residential simultaneously, so the actual residential analysis requirement is a little fuzzy to me. The manual is based on best management practices, and the threshold requirements are not always clearly stated. The goal is to set the pre-development norm at woods with actual soil, and then demonstrate that the post-development maintains the necessary parameters at that woods baseline.

So I am trying to get an example from someone on what their residential stormwater management plan looks like. Bonus points if you live in Maryland:), but I think any plan at this point might give us a better sense on what need to be on the residential vs. commericial plan.

Thanks if you got through all of that!

Comments (17)