SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anthonyjuly2013

Landscape Design

AnthonyJuly2013
10 years ago

I have a 4 unit building in a smaller downtown area that has a couple offices and two residences. I've been here for 14 years and done little improvement, just some maintenance.
First time doing this, I need some input on design. My goal is bang for the buck for curb appeal and added value. I don't mind a few bells and whistles but I want to be practical. I'd prefer it lower maintenance.
The front left had a mulberry bush that died and I had pulled. I planted three arbs thinking I wanted to hide the piping and the weatherhead line. Now I realize I can just remove the weatherhed line. Someone suggested building a curving retainer wall from the front of the building to the porch. The bushes on the side of the porch are overgrown and out of control (remove and replace with dwarf bushes? someone suggested a waterfall....?) What colors should I use for the retainer wall and rock? Do I use a beige that complements the roof, or do I even want to do that? Do I reuse a light colored riverrock like I have now? Or another? What types of plants do I have installed. I'd like some color splash.
Do I then use the same color rock on the border of the property on the center and right? Do I use some similar plants to "tie" it all in together? I'm looking for a sharp look that is practical when you walk up. THANKS

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert