SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss_beth

Container NEWbie

miss_beth
12 years ago

OK, I've never been much of a yard or flower person. I think they are lovely, but I haven't ever done any of it.

Now I've found myself with a huge jungle to deal with - a home that's been vacant for several years, vines higher than the house, a million mulberry trees, mess, mess, mess.

I've trimmed and chopped and decided to make things as easy easy low maintenance as possible.

A good deal of the back yard will be mulched. I've already prepped the ground and the mulch is coming this week. I want very, very low maintenance container only plants placed casually throughout the various rocks and other cool items I've collected to display in the mulched areas.

Now, I need to know what to put in the containers. I want cheap & easy. I really love greenery .... hostas and ivy are my favorites. Do they do well in containers? Do I have to bring them in for the winter? That's not really an option ....

Please help, I don't need a lot of variety, just a few hardy things I can plant in pots and either leave out for the winter and expect to see them the following spring OR some cheap annuals that I can spend a day each spring replanting.

Nothing in the ground - containers ONLY. Remember, I'm lazy .... okay, not really, but have zero time to spend tending and fussing over things. I just want a back yard I'm not embarrassed to bring company in to. Sometime natural, not fussy.

Suggestions??

Comment (1)