SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
italiacook

Need windowboxes without puncturing house siding

italiacook
18 years ago

I would appreciate some help. We have looked everywhere for windowboxes where we do NOT have to puncture holes into the siding of our house and place brackets with screws or nails into our siding.

I've checked with our siding manufacturer, etc. It has been known that if one punctures through the Tyvek and even if you put some silicone, you can still have water leaking into the exposed areas.

We live in the uppermidwest where it is extremely windy and we have very cold winters.

I have a two story home with casement crank-out style windows and the house is about 12 years old. Is there something I could hang from the inside of the window which drapes over the edge of the sill and I can still close the windows and lock them? That would be perfect and removable as well without damaging the siding.

I have bushes at the lower level of the house so any freestanding window boxes for the main floor will not work.

Perhaps someone might know of an appropriate product for us. Suggestions please -- I would love to have HGTV type windows:) Thanks

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH