SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkspoonbill_gw

Hoping to give a home to - plumeria cuttings; plus other starts

pinkspoonbill
13 years ago

I have two small plumeria cuttings. They are not in the greatest of shape, but I would like to see if anyone would like to try to root them, as I know I myself have desired plumerias highly at one time. I found these that had broken off of my trees while I was moving them in for the winter. You'll need bottom heat and good conditions to get these to root this time of year. I do not think I can root them this time of year, but maybe someone would like to give them a home and try. So,

2 smallish plumeria cuttings, not the best, but look rootable - one is white, and one looks to be off of a tree that originated in Hawaii. In addition, I can send,

Some seedpods of Hybiscus coccineus (TX Star Hybiscus). Seeds probably should be scarified prior to planting. Check planting instructions online before trading if you want these b/c I think this plant's seeds are not as straightforward as other plants to germinate.

An iris corm

Might be able to get rooted part of Oakleaf hydrangea (hydrangea quercifolia). Let me know if you want this, and I'll check on what is mailable that I can dig. I can also look for any small bulbs that might be mailable as well, if any have grown off of a pink lycoris or white spider lily (not sure till I go dig if someone is interested). I can include cuttings of gardenia, but you will need bottom heat for these too to try as I can only root them in the hot weather myself.

I'd like to send more than just the plumeria cuttings because, as I mention, they are not in the best of shape, and it is hard to root these in Fall and Winter, and I want to be sure you get a good plant(s) as well as the cuttings. So, if you want any of the others I mention, or on my trade list, and also to try the cuttings, let me know. If you're looking for high quality, sure-fire cuttings, it is probably best to pass these two up.

What I am looking for:

Just small starts of winter honeysuckle (lonicera fragrantissima) or seven sons flower (heptacodium miconoides). Can't find the L. fragrantissima in stores, and the Heptacodium needs to get established now in the cold before our very hot summers arrive, I think. My Rhododendron arborescens and Rhododendron canescens also look like they didn't like my summer, and if anyone has any starts of these from an area that does have long, hot summers (thus the plants used to it), I'd be interested in those as well, hoping I can get them established now over the winter and spring. Also, any bulbs of Summer Cheer daffodil, if indeed it is very fragrant.

1. Winter honeysuckle (blooms in winter) Lonicera fragrantissima. (no other Loniceras)

2. Seven sons flower (Heptacodium miconoides)- if fragrant

3. Summer Cheer daffodil

4. Deciduous azaleas Rhododendron arborescens and R. canescens.

Any of the above is fine, and plants can be small, or seedlings. I like fragrance, and plants easy to keep alive.

I'd like to mail these out early this coming week if possible, if someone is interested.

thank you

Comments (2)

Sponsored