SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

need suggestions for a focal point. please.

Central_Cali369
15 years ago

I have a corner that i have recently been landscaping. It has a southwestern exposure, therefore it is very protected from cold wind in the winter, but it also gets brutal sun the rest of the year. I've planted lots of Aloes, user-friendly agaves, and many different succulents just to give you an idea of what else is there because they aren't visible in the photos. One thing to note is that there is an Aloe Marlothii in the upper left hand corner area. I have a path down the center of the path that leads to a water faucet and hose, but that leaves a really good focal point and i would like to plant something there that will soften the look. I just can't think of anything that would look good here and would like suggestions. The first concern would be that it is a 'clean' plant (i.e. one that doesn't drop tons of leaves and flower buds) because the air conditioner unit is there. I wuoldn't mind if the plant reaches out over the path, as long as it is not a spiney plant, because the path has very limited traffic. Here's an overhead look of the area. The spot i am talking about is directly to the left of the air conditioner unit.

{{gwi:35569}}

And here is a direct floor view, so that you could see how the path points directly to the focal point i'm talking about. (at the time i took this photo, there was a yucca guatemalensis in that spot, but i took that one out because the base of the trunk can become MASSIVE within a few years.

{{gwi:35570}}

Any ideas of what could look good here?

Comments (4)