SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rnewste

Fall 'Tainer Trials - MycoGrow, BiotaMax, Humic Acid, more fun

rnewste
13 years ago

As we have about 120 days of growing weather left this Season, I wanted to evaluate some nutrients and other Conditioners in an "A/B" semi-clinical environment on my Fall crop. Tops on the list was to compare the effectiveness of Fungi Perfecti's Myco Grow versus Biota Max.

{{gwi:45547}}

For the evaluation, I used 4 Legend plants, with the 'Tainer on the left inoculated with Myco Grow, and the 'Tainer on the right with Biota Max. All other ingredients are identical (Tomato-tone fertilizer, same planting mix, etc.)

{{gwi:45548}}

The second trial I'm running is to add in Humic Acid which is derived from Leonardite, plus a product called Biosolmix which is claimed to reduce fungal diseases.

{{gwi:45549}}

{{gwi:45550}}

I have applied these two ingredients to the Beginner tomato plant on the right, with an identical Beginner plant on the left without the treatment, separated by a mechanical barrier. To be sure, there will be some "drift" from the treated section over to the untreated Mix, but I don't believe it will be substantial.

{{gwi:45552}}

The third trial is to compare a fertilizer from Advanced Nutrients called Heavy Harvest, versus traditional Tomato-tone.

{{gwi:45554}}

My younger son owns Santa Fe Hydroponics and frequently sends me sample nutrients and fertilizers to try on my tomato plants, and he claims his customers rave about the production from this brand of fertilizer. We'll see how it performs on tomatoes. The Tomato-tone is on the Siberia plant on the right, and the Heavy Harvest is on the Siberia on the left. Again, separated by a mechanical divider wall.

{{gwi:45556}}

So, it will be an interesting Fall / Winter Season to see how these products perform against each other. Stay tuned.....

Raybo

Comments (10)