SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

newbie needs some help with large containers..

roorezzi
16 years ago

Hi Everyone.. I am mostly a lurker on THS and a local GW forum. We are doing some updating to our landscaping. I wanted to hang planters on either side of the garages and DH didn't like the scale of the hanging planters. Now he thinks he wants some sort of a tree in a pot on either side of the garage doors. (see pic below.) He wants something that will gorw tall - not too tall though.

When you see the house from the road you do not see much of the landscaping. I wanted to bring some color in by the garage so it would look nice as people were coming up the driveway.

Here is a pic of the house from the rd - pardon the wheelbarrow- its the only pic I had at the moment.

{{gwi:27351}}

Here is a closer pic of the driveway and new walkway. the edge of the garage is cut off - we would also be moving the hose reel to make room for a pot.

{{gwi:43856}}

Here is a pic from the other side of the property showing the new landscaping and the garage doors. Also - we removed the railing that you can see and I will be putting containers on the steps. **Also planted new grass in the dirt spot. That was from removing all the dirt for the walkway.

{{gwi:43857}}

Also - with your suggestion of trees/shrubs - what size pot would I need to put them in. tha area gets morning sun til around 2:00 (I think.) I am located in Zone 5 in the Poconos, PA area. So we do get a considerable amount of snow.

After previewing these photos - I am going to have to take some new ones today or tomorrow - everything looks sooo much better now that in the pics. :(

thanks in advance. I am going to continue searching the many many past posts on this forum. I am excited to see what can be done in pots.

roorezzi :-)

Comments (6)