SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
syboney

Is this a good description of a patio construction project?

Syboney
10 years ago

Hi,
I got this from a contractor when I requested the description of my new patio job. Wonder if this is the usual description of a good project or if they are missing anything important:

- Pressure treated 6â x 6â timbers will be used to construct sturdy framework for the proposed patio.
- No less than 4-5 inches of compacted crushed stone gravel will be set over a landscape fabric.
- Proper grade will be achieved to ensure that surface water rolls away from the house foundation.
- Two downspouts, as well as the neighborâÂÂs downspout, will be channeled into underground 4â drain lines.
- A drainage swale will be excavated from the AC unit along the right fence line and across the back fence line. This swale will have a 4â perforated drain line with fabric installed. The swale will then be filled to grade level with þâ washed gravel/river rock.
- All collected water from the downspouts and gravel drainage swale will be released into the common ground near the back left fence line.
- Thick pieces of cut Pennsylvania flagstone will be set over the compacted crushed stone foundation.
- Polymer sand will be swept between the flagstone joints to deter weed growth and washout from occurring.
- All resulting debris will be hauled away.

Comments (2)