SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

Looking for 'Looking Glass' and Alice

mark4321_gw
14 years ago

A few years back I picked up Begonia 'Looking Glass' for my mom at Kartuz Nursery. The plant made it home but never made it to my mom; I don't remember the details.

I'd like to try again with B. 'Looking Glass', hopefully adding something else with an Alice theme or Alice in the name.

In return I'll offer whatever roots of the following. From left to right:

Neomarica caerulea...............Passiflora exoniensis...................................Aristolochia trilobata...................................Aristolochia gigantea

{{gwi:66002}}

Neomarica can be propagated by the little fans it produces at the end of flower spikes.

I divided the P. exoniensis piece into 3 cuttings.

The Aristolochia trilobata is now 3 cuttings.

Aristolochia gigantea is already well rooted.

I've rooted P. exoniensis and A. trilobata many times, and I do have backups that I can give in case nothing roots. However hopefully there will be 3 rooted cuttings of each in well under a month.

It's possible I picked the Neomarica fans prematurely. They should root easily and the plant is producing more if there is a problem.

I'll ship everything bareroot. I've shipped all of these that way before with no problems.

Here are some pictures of my plants; all are the mother plants of the cuttings.

Neomarica caerulea:

{{gwi:66003}}

{{gwi:66004}}

Passiflora exoniensis (antioquiensis x mollissima) 5 inch flowers dangle from 3-6 inch long peduncles ("cords"). This plant will not grow well in areas with hot summers.

{{gwi:66005}}

Aristolochia trilobata (the funny looking things are buds):

{{gwi:36224}}

Aristolochia gigantea 8-9 inch lemon-scented flowers:

{{gwi:50983}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored