SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

A GREAT experience regarding the gritty and 5.1.1.mix!

meyermike_1micha
14 years ago

In case no one has seen what is happening up here in the North East, it has been nothing but raw and cool, temps in 50's, with inches of rain along with drizzle, day after day the whole month of June.

The worst ever recorded for cloud cover and coolest temps since record keeping began.

All my grass is rotting away to mold, and everything thing here has not seen the sun in weeks except for one day 1 week ago..;-(. And a flock of ducks landed in the small lake in my backyard, temporarily...

In the past 3 days, and especially in the past two, we have managed to receive over 8 inches of rain in torrential downpours from thunderstorms, day after day. Even now. If not that, completely cloudy and drizzle.No blue sky at all. NO sun to at least give my containers a chance or break to dry out..

Do you think I lost any of my dozens of plants, which range from plumerias, citrus, vegatables, berries, flowers, jasmine, and gardenias since this awful weather begun the end of May?

NOT ONE....NOT ONE! No one here can believ it! All my friends have loosing all theirs..It is crazy! They are jeolous..they told me they were all set at the start with their bagged soils...

Mine are all alive and well so far. I never would of survived so many, especially the ones prone to root rot if it hadn't been for these soiless mixes!They are so happy out there. I thought I saw them all dancing in the rain the other day having a grand ole time, while my neighbors were limp as could be!!!

Thankyou Al from my heart, for the best gift you could of givin me and my plants! Info I never would of known, if it hadn't been for your kindness and patience and knowledge!

You are a very good and special person here..And greatfully appreciated.

So far I have had a GREAT expereince with these mixes with nothing but tons of rain, and no loss of the investment I have put into my babies. It takes no effort to keep the alive despite all the water:-)

What else can I say....

Take care, and I hope everyone else is doing well.

Thanks to justaguy too for your ideas and and perspective on things too!

Mike

Comments (2)