SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
springangel_gw

When should I give up on my broccoli??

SpringAngel
13 years ago

This weekend I put my tomatoes and broccoli out for a lil sun for a few hours each day. I still haven't set it up so that the tomatoes can stay out there but I decided to take the broccoli out yesterday and leave it out since it likes the cold. First I repotted several deeper into paper cups since they were so spindly. The leaves are no bigger than a 1/2" to 3/4" max. Seems like they haven't grown much recently. I checked on them this morning and they look like they survived the night and the replant but are still no bigger than before (not that I expected overnight growth).

I googled broccoli seedlings and my seedlings look nothing like what I found. I wanted to plant them in the ground this upcoming weekend hopefully but I think they are way too small. I also wonder if they will even get a chance to produce before summer hits.

Anyway I am debating on planting what I have and hoping for the best. Pricing some broc plants from the nursery and if not too much just using those OR forgetting about spring broccoli and try again for fall.

Blah. :( Maybe seed starting wasn't a good idea.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting