SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shenue

Help with pesty pests please

shenue
16 years ago

Pesty Pests

I have a number of different kinds of plants in containers on my porch. I live in a condo, so porch gardening is all I can do. Anyway most of the pots seem to be infested with these little ummm gnat kind of bugs crawling around on top of the soil. Some crawl around and some fly. I guess obviously they could be two different kinds of pests. They look almost like tiny little fruit flies, but I don't think they are...not sure. I have sprayed the plants and soil with Safer Soap...over and over..daily and yet each day there seems to be a new crop of these little creatures. I have also tried 'regular' plant insecticide spray, spraying the plants and the soil...again...and again. And yet each day..there they are again. I just don't know what else to do and I'm afraid when fall comes and I need to bring the plants inside, they will 'infect' my house plants with the little critters. I just don't know what else to do to get rid of these pesky little things. Any suggestions...pleaseeeee? Thanks to anyone that responds and can help me get rid of these.....hmmm what-ever-they-ares.

Comments (21)