SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwarner_gw

Ideas for utilizing this backyard space?

kwarner
17 years ago

Hi! I'd love some ideas for this back yard on our first house (closing on it in the middle of this month). Right now it's a decent sized lawn with a few trees (apple off left of camera, river birch in background, etc.) and our current plan is to revamp the existing garden at the back of the lot, then maybe add a flagstone path, coming from the picket gate directly behind the camera here and leading to the garden, to break up the yard a bit without inhibiting the freedom our two dogs will enjoy from the open space. Maybe line it with some smaller perennials. Budget is our biggest concern but we'd like to also establish some privacy if possible. Evergreen options are a bit expensive for us right now.

{{gwi:30694}}

A few other variables-

The couch sitting there is woven branches, sorta neat. Might be useful, see what you think.

House is behind and to the left of cameraman.

Lawn has gradual downward grade towards background.

Time of day is late afternoon so guessing facing NW but unsure.

So there's my current thoughts; I'm open to your experience, please. What would you do to affordably make this yard more interesting while maintaining good amounts of open space for pets and ease of upkeep? Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Comments (9)