SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightgirl_gw

Need some design advice

midnightgirl
17 years ago

Have 4 acres with woodland to both sides of the house. At the side of my garage I have the following hill:

{{gwi:9276}}

I have a terrible issue with the woodland at the top (which consists of japanese honeysuckle bushes, and rasberry vines) invading my garden area (which is cottage garden style planted with perennials) Those bushes are a good 35-45 feet thick beyond my garden there. The path goes up to an area which is full of lilacs that have reseeded all over (just awesome when blooming).

What sort of suggestions do you have for the top of my hill?

The bushes are huge and very wild looking as a background and reseed like crazy. They also are thick going back probably at least another inpenetrable 35-45 feet. I can't prune much without exposing the dead wood under neath(and more bushes behind them). I thought about doing so & growing some orange honeysuckle or morning glories into the bushes so its not so green all the time. We are in the process of adding a path behind the initial garden for access from behind for weeding, beyond that we put a weed barrier that we plan to cover with mulch and I have no plans on plantings at this time until I decide what to do. I'm putting in pathway materials for the path leading to the lilac area (hopefully to keep the weeds down as well).

We intend to relocate the pots at the bottom, and possibly put another terrace in the front garden toward the back where the size of the garden and steepness of the hill gets larger.

This garden is about 70-80 feet long and borders my driveway of my house.

Comments (7)