SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kdavis29_gw

My indoor tomato plant is wilting

Kdavis29
11 years ago

I stared my indoor tomato plant from seeds..I put them on a paper towel, moistened it and sat it in the window that gets the most light..they germinated pretty quickly-under 10 days. I planted them and they started growing pretty quickly but were attached by small flying black bugs. I quickly emptied the box afraid the bugs would get to my other plants. I was able to salvage three and I thought things were fine...each stalk stands about about 2 feet tall, have plenty leaves and lots of flower buds and yellow flowers started showing up over the last few weeks. I was soooo happy until I noticed that the bugs had returned (likely from some of my other plants that I started at the same time-cucumbers, sweet potatoes, cabbage, greens and onions). I looked up a 'natural" insecticide mixture (garlic/cayenne/jalapeno peppers and a teaspoon of soap) I sprayed all the plants...it seemed to have lessened the bug issue (I still had a few crawling around on the dirt mainly) but the last few days the leaves started wilt, the fuzzy hair that was on the stalks has disappeared and I'm afraid its dying. I am attempting to upload pics I took over the last several weeks.

I just transplanted them again into a larger pot (roots were all tangled together) with new soil. any suggestions

Comments (3)