SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amis_gw

sweet 100's not flowering

amis
17 years ago

It had no blossoms when I bought it and was about 8 inches tall. I left it outside about a week before I was able to get it transplanted into a 5.25 gallon (21 quart) pot. It was potted with MiracleGrow Organic Choice Potting Soil for Containers past it's bottom leaves and tied carefully using old nylons. A crushed egg and a bannana peeling were mixed into the soil beforehand. A small companion basil was planted beside and is doing well also. I was watering a bit much at first, made worse for my 4 yo son "helping" and that lead to sunburn since it was so hot that first week or so. I haven't watered at all in over a week since it's been raining a lot. It's certainly taken off and is growing beautifully; it's almost reached the top of the stick I tied it too and I have had to move the nylons up. It's about 2 feet tall now, at least. None of the leaves are wilted or curled looking. They're all a healthy green other than the few that got sunburned. They still have the small yellow blotches and if I understand correctly, those won't go away? Is it still getting too much of something? Or not enough? My mother mentioned adding some magnesium sulphate although she wasn't sure since she's never had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm