SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Miracle Grow and peatmoss verses a plastic bag?

meyermike_1micha
15 years ago

In my opinion.....No Difference!!!Lol

Everytime I change my plants out of this stuff, or any other soil, with any type of peatmoss or small organic particles that break down in my pots, that eventually compact and compress the roots, where I live here in Mass, I feel like I am taking a plastic bag off the roots that have been suffocating them all this time, preventing them from growing to their FULL vibrant potential! Within days of putting them into Al's soiless, well draining mix, that has no perched water table, my plants root systems can breathe, and gasp a sigh of relief for the first time. They scream thanks to me within a matter of days..No kidding!!:-). I have friends that see the difference too. In fact I have a gardenia plant that has had buds on it forever, in a state of suspended animation, or drop off before they even got the chance to open, that within 6 days of taking the plastic bag off their roots, is flowering like never before!!

All my sic plants have taken off. They were sic even outside in the open air, so outside made no difference. It is the soil. Not a coincendence, but a real experience!;-)

No more suffocation, as if a plastic bag was over ones head!! I never saw such a quick response from my plants, especially my collection of citrus and gardenias!!

Anyone who can grow anything in container soil, that breaksdown over a short period of time, that has a perched water table, that compacts and limits oxygyn to their plants roots, that eventually to me ,suffoctaes their poor plants and the eventual demise of there once healthy plants,,,,my hats off to you!!:-)

Comments (2)