SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piantini_gw

Planting Schedule

piantini
15 years ago

I found this planting schedule for my zone online and I wonder how accurate it is. I am really interested more on the maturity lenght.

The reason why I ask is because every year I planted beets, carrots, etc. (cool season veggies) in May and harvest them in Fall. Basically takes me longer that the time mention in the package. So thats about 4-1/2' month of waiting time. So, I thought maybe it has to do with me planting the veggies in the summer which problably affects the growth of the cool season veggies?

The schedule mentions harvesting beets and carrots within 2 months (or half the time) which coordinates with the package harvest time.

I don't have this issue with my summer crops (tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, etc)

If this is true, I can triple my harvest (spring, summer, fall crop) within the same space which I am very limited.

I am really worry that some of my summer veggies get delay if my spring crop does not mature in time. I am not as worry for the fall crop since I can live without it.

I do get at least 9 hours of sun, and plant my veggies in two 4x8 square foot boxes. Both Contain Mel's Mix.

{{gwi:33077}}

Comments (14)