SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuvalu713

Tips on building a raised cedar bed w/legs?

tuvalu713
15 years ago

Hi folks,

I have a relatively small yard that I've converted into a very small orchard (the dogs utilize the space too). I also have a wide driveway that has a raised cedar bed, with legs, and an earthbox--I'm trying to find spaces to grow veggies, melons and annual flowers. I purchased the cedar bed two years ago and, rather than make another purchase on an already tight budget, I'd really like to learn how to build these raised beds myself. I want to have at least five more raised bed and I have the energy, determination, enthusiasm and some muscle to do this.

I've done a lengthy search here and elsewhere on the internet, but I haven't really found any instructions on building a raised bed with legs (not the kind that you place on top of existing soil). There are a few differences in constructing one that will be a free standing apparatus (which is what I want) and one that sits on soil. Before I go ahead and devise my own plans, I was hoping someone might be able to give me some tips, suggestions or even directions (hallelujah!)on building one of these. Or maybe you could direct me to an appropriate website?

Please, please let me know!

a passionate gardener,

Mika

Comments (14)