SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah923

Transform the front of my house please!!

sarah923
17 years ago

Hi, I'm very new at this - just took me an hour to figure out how to put pictures on here!!

We just bought our house this past August and there is TONS of lanscaping areas, with not much in them. I would like to make the front of our house appealing and I would welcome any and all suggestions!!

This first picture is of a small (2.5' x 3.5') bed on the edge of our garage. From looking at this site I think there might be some kind of Clematis in it, but it didn't look very healthy in the fall and I only saw a few flowers on it. There is an existing short trellis.

{{gwi:16844}}

The second picture is from the angle of walking toward the front door. As you can see there is a long bed with white rock. It is about 2.5' wide all the way around and the front part is 10.5' long and the side is 16' long. Right now there are 5 mums planted in it.

{{gwi:16848}}

This third picture shows the front of the house. Last fall there was a gorgeous moon vine on the far left side. It was HUGE but didn't have anything to climb on and looked more like a big bush. As you can see there is also some kind of bush or tree in the middle. It looks to me like it needs to have some "trunks" removed or maybe remove the whole thing. There is also some lamb's ears under the left window and some kind of small grass under the right window. There is also a HUGE mum between the tree-bush and the grass. And that's it, just a bunch of random stuff. The moonvine did really well here last fall and I was kinda hoping to incorporate it in here somewhere with some kind of trellis up the brick wall. Oh, the whole thing is about 25' long and 3 to 3.5' wide. It is on the west side of our house so doesn't get sun until after lunch.

{{gwi:16850}}

{{gwi:16851}}

I'd like to say I could go "all out" on cost, but being a stay at home Mom we need to be as thrifty as possible. This site has been a godsend as I try and see what kind of green thumb I have. Our boys (6, 4, and 2) are going to help us plant a big vegetable garden in the backyard and I've gotten so many great ideas from this site. You guys are awesome and Thanks in advance!! God Bless! Sarah

Comments (9)