SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparkleswest

How do I transform my home exterior from blah to charming?

Seak and Sparrow
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello all,

We recently bought a home in a neighborhood chock full of beautiful craftsman, tudors, and cottages. Basically the area is filled with charming homes and then there is our home. Although I love it, I'm not a huge fan of the exterior. The home was originally built in the 1920's and has been added on over the years. The front door is set back deep on the side of the house and is a bit odd. My dream is to have a porch and I'm hoping there is a way to incorporate one in the front of the house. Maybe with even just a pergola cover. I'd love a short rustic fence around the perimeter. I hate modern, mid-century, and ranch homes and mine is closer to that than my quaint arts and crafts bungalow home I dream of.

This first picture below is my house and the pictures that follow are to give you an idea of my taste. I realize that it would be a lot of money to try to mimic these looks and I definitely don't want to do that. Rather I would like to incorporate vintage and charming touches to touch up my house and make it look less mid-century.

Does anyone have any ideas that wouldn't require any drastic architectural or roof changes? Thank you in advance.

Comments (19)