SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yellowthumb

Organic fertilizer question for Al

yellowthumb
16 years ago

Hi Al,

I know you must be bored with so many questions on organic fertilizer. But I feel like that I have one that must be answered.

In the hydroponic market, there are lots of so called organic or mostly organic fertilizers that are fortified from organic material. Pure Blend Pro is typically one of them. They don't normally declare them organic cause some of the ingredients are from non-organic source.

I am just wondering what is the difference between those organic and non-organic fertilizers. For those organic fertilizers to be used in the hydroponics, they must be solvable. To me nitrogen is nitrogen, doesn't matter which source it's from. Maybe just the balance of the trace elements. But nowadays lots of non-organic fertilizers are balanced really well.

My results with those organic fertilizers are different in container culture, some are performing great, like my Michelia Alba tree, flowering like crazy. Some are just normal, not outstanding. Some are struggling, I lost my mango, Lychee is on the edge, Gardenia has dark green veins and yellow leaves, Azelea has been growing smaller and smaller leaves.

Thanks and happy birthday to you.

Comments (8)