SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ticodxb

questions about my zucchini, sweet dumpling & cucumbers...

ticodxb
12 years ago

I have my zucchini plants under an insect barrier cloth and now that I see buds forming do I need to remove the cloth?

My last zucchini that want covered was decimated by aphids...but I think the plant was stressed in the first place because it didn't grow much while my current zucchinis I feed more and they grew super fast.

Rotondo Scuro di Piacenza in a 30 gallon Smart Pot:

{{gwi:28420}}

Rotondo Scuro di Piacenza in a 15 gallon Smart Pot:

{{gwi:28421}}

This is my Sweet Dumpling winter squash... It was verrrrry slow to grow...then I did not place the insect barrier cloth on right and the cloth was touching the whole plant and the leaves browned and shriveled.. I then tried to save it and fertilized it. This is how much it has grown in about a little over 2 weeks...

the plant is about 6 or 7" in diameter and if you look you can see two buds... My first zucchini that I ended up pulling was smaller than this and I saw a bud about to flower...I posted about that here and got a reply that the plant is trying to flower because of stress...

Is it normal for the Sweet Dumpling squash to flower when it is this small or is it most likely under stress? If it is stress, what can I do for it?

{{gwi:28422}}

hese are my Sweet Success cucumber seedlings...should I thin them down to 2 plants now or wait a little bit longer?

{{gwi:28423}}

Comments (11)