SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amadio1

Questions about feeding.

amadio1
14 years ago

I am 100% new to all of this and began as something to do to spend time with my daughter. I started out with containers since the ground here in Phoenix is rock hard and will need lots of work. Unfortunately I did no research before I bought anything. I have several 24" containers with strawberry, patio tomato, and bell pepper transplants. Containers filled with begged soil for in-ground use. After reading I decided I used the wrong soil and decided to try and mix it with perlite (couldnt find vermiculite) and plant food. I mixed in a little time release food then used a little of the miracle-gro liquid while watering.

Within 3 hours the plants looked wilted and sad. They had done fairly well in the weeks prior till I made these brilliant changes. I assume Perlite wouldnt be a problem, and overwatering would take longer then 3 hours to show in the plant. Which leaves me to belive I just burnt the heck out of them with my feeding. Am I correct? Is the time release not good for it, or is it that I used a miracle-gro sprayer on top of it?

Comment (1)