SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doug_e_fresh_gw

Capel Manor College Self-Watering Pot

doug_e_fresh
12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone maybe able to assist me with a few questions concerning self-watering containers. I saw this clip from video jug concerning creation of a simple self watering pot.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-a-self-watering-container

Has anyone seen this before or this kind of concept for a self watering container?

Would this design work well?

I find it hard to find nice pots to use on a desk and such that are without drainage might anyone know how I could locate planters that specifically do not have drainage holes? Is there a certain term to make searching easier?

If this design is adequate as a self-watering pot I bet a I need a good wicking soil whats a simple solution for that?

That last one is a loaded question based on brief research but all I am looking for is something that will get the job done that I can easily find and buy as a all-in-one bag soil or easily mix up something suitable to do the job. I am not looking for the best.

If any of this has been brought up and answered please point me in the right direction. I did some searching but came up either empty or buried in half answers.

Thanks,

Doug

Here is a link that might be useful: Capel Manor College Self-Watering Pot

Comments (5)