SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather38_gw

Any thoughts on these seed starting Ideas?

heather38
14 years ago

I have just spent a pleasant 3 hours watching a Gardening program from the UK made in 2007, which if I am truthful, was more entertainment than gardening, but the presenter a well known Flower Gardener was Brilliantly hapless and the Family she was meant to be inspiring out preformed her efforts with ease.

The Questions I have are she started Carrots indoors, to plant out later, can you do that? I would guess as we didn't see her put them out you can't? anybody tried it?

She also started her peas and beans indoors, which I will tell you I also did last year and with success but they take up to much room as you need to do them individually, but she used a length of plastic guttering, cut to the length of the bed she was going to transplant in, come transplantation time, she dug a trench the width and length of the pipe and sort of slide the peas and soil into the trench, she did make a pig ear of it at the start, but once she perfected the art, it seemed to go smoothly, but again no reference to the peas again, so what do you think? could this work? as this would really help me space and time wise.

Potatoes in Bins, planting and spacing I got, but how long should you keep earthing up? 1 foot, 2 foot? just keep going until you reach the top?

Thanks in advance,

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting