SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda2826_gw

Backyard design ideas.

amanda2826
12 years ago

Here is the satellite view of my lot to show the yard I have to work with. The image was taken from two angles and spliced together, so my house looks kind of odd in this image.

{{gwi:10921}}

Overall, I want a backyard full of color and flowers that will attract butterflies and hummingbirds. I love curved and winding beds. I don't need much lawn, but I do want to keep a section of lawn for my nephews to kick around a ball. :) There will be a round fire pit in the back left corner of the yard that I would like to have surrounded by plants so that you can't tell there is a firepit back there when you are standing on the patio. I would love to have a winding path through flowers to get to the fire pit. I made up a sketch to get my own idea of how this would be done but I will probably be changing this depending on suggestions.. The patio in my sketch is the extended version and the whole bottom right side is now cemented.. the satellite view just isn't as current.

{{gwi:10922}}

I am just having issues with where to put all of my flower beds throughout the yard. I want it to be my own personal paradise where I can go back there to relax. And I have plenty of time for upkeep, I enjoy it. The square in the back right corner is a shed that we will be putting up. And the three boxes on the left side are my garden beds that will need to still have sun accessable to them.

Here are some pictures that I really like.

{{gwi:10923}}{{gwi:10925}}
{{gwi:10927}}{{gwi:10928}}
{{gwi:10929}}{{gwi:10930}}
{{gwi:10931}}{{gwi:10933}}
{{gwi:10935}}{{gwi:10936}}

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, that would be great. So far I have found a lot of advice on this forum that I love. :)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor