SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manx_gw

Trees for Louisiana, any advice on what to plant and where?

manx
17 years ago

Basically we want to plant a row of trees along the driveway (both sides of the drive), small flowering trees around the house, and replacement trees (for the current white oaks and hickory).

The trees need to be low maintenance and either large when planted or fast growing. No pines. IÂve included a link to photos of the property below.

The budget is extremely limited, and IÂve looked at the local forestry office and ArborDay.org. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

IÂm planting this for my mother. Unfortunately most of the trees she likes are slow growing and I can only find a foot or two tall with our budget. For example, a row of live oaks along the drive. While I can plant those, I would like to plant some other trees that she can enjoy now (or very soon :) She also loves maples and flowering trees (dogwoods, crapes, redbuds, magnolias, grancy beard...). She does not want to block her views.

The driveway is 336 feet long, on one side has power lines and the other side has a line underground. The "blank" east side of the house is where the septic tank is. The house site is a square of 208 feet on each side.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

Comments (4)