SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aerodita_gw

Help me save my Gardania!!

Aerodita
12 years ago

Hello I am new here and in desperate help! I recently bought a Gardenia (Aimee Yashioka) from sams club. It had beautiful dark green leaves and quite a few buds, there was a few brown ones on the bottom but I figured once I got it home Id water it let it sit in some sun. Well I went on vacation for 4 days came back to find my gardenia looking sad and it had little webs on it!!! I had never seen this before come to find out I think it has Spider Mites. I have other plants too all in the same room because that's where I get the most sun. (I hate my condo, horrible location). WEll now I dont know what to do, I misted the plant with soap water mixture, I even did a little lemon juice and I went to home depo and bought NATRIA (it contains sulfur and pyrethins and "other ingredients" lol). Now my plant looks sadder then even, and the mites are still there, Im not sure if maybe Ive over watered it, because now the leaves have lost all their dark green color and are a light green. I am so incredibly sad and scared of those little monsters getting on my other plants. I mist my plants daily so I hope this prevents an infestation. ...so now my problem still lies in what to do to save my Gardenia, I really love the plant and the wonderful smelling flowers but I dont know what to do... help me!

{{gwi:20659}}

{{gwi:20660}}

{{gwi:20661}}

{{gwi:20662}}

Comments (9)