SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollywk

Interesting heirloom vegetables for containers?

mollywk
15 years ago

Hi all,

Again, this may be something that has been addressed elsewhere, but I was only able to find bits and pieces of information, and thought it might be nice to ask it all at once:

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on interesting heirloom varieties of vegetables that can be grown in containers? When I've researched container-friendly varieties, I turn up a lot of the same few -- little finger carrots, champion radishes, early wonder beets, and so on. But does anyone have any experience with growing some less obvious types? I know there are size limitations, of course, but still. Can one grow chioggia beets in containers, for example?

Specifically, I've been curious about beets, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, and so on, but really would be keen to hear about anyone's favourites or best success stories with container-growing vegetables that are... not necessarily ultra-exotic, but a little more off the beaten path.

Sorry, I hope this question isn't too broad, or, again, hasn't been answered to death already elsewhere.

Thanks!

Comments (4)