SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fmogul_gw

Will these shoes and socks fit?

fmogul
17 years ago

Well, thanks to procrastination and global warming, I'm finally getting the bulbs in this weekend, instead of 4-6 weeks ago. I've never done this, but have been reading up like crazy, and have acquired dozens and dozens of different kinds of bulbs I plan to inter-plant for maximum 'succession.' Any thoughts on the following?

1) I've got three big hostas. Eventually, they'll own their respective corners and hopefully block out dying bulb foliage. Around two of them, I plan to plant drifts of dwarf irises and around one of them chionodoxa. All three will also have daffodils, which should emerge slightly later. Will the daffs pair well and synch well with the other two?

2) Well, actually, that's the only combination I've got planned out. The rest I'll plant in individual drifts, unless any of you have good ideas for pairing or tripling up the following:

-Spanish bluebells (hyacinthoides)

-Starflowers (Ipheion)

-Triteleia

-Oxalis adenophylla

-hardy cyclamen

In addition to hostas, I'm mostly folding these around columbine, astilbes, heuchera, campanula, asters, ferns, a pair each of dwarf pieris and rhododendron, one small hemlock tree and one small Japanese maples.

Thanks!

Fred

Comments (11)