SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boosiebutt

When to plant peas in a container

boosiebutt
18 years ago

I keep adding to my planned container garden! Just hope I'm not being TOO ambitious...

All this thinking about starting my own garden has stirred up memories of my Grandmas ginormous garden, and the sugar snap peas my sisters and I would grab out.

I did a little researching, and it says to plant peas as soon as soil is workable. Since I'm not going to be planting in the ground, my "soil" will be ready whenever I am. Is there any more definite timetable of when it's ok to put out peas? I've also seen St. Patrick's Day, but I don't know if that applies to Z5, or in warmer climes. Maybe I could get a big containter and plant a few seeds everyweek and see what works. I figure that would help extend harvest too... But still, I'd like to have an idea of how many weeks before last frost.

On the plus side, my picky eating Mom, who lives with me, also remembers sugar snap peas fondly. So now I'm bound and determined to grow them, since I know she'll eat them. Now if I could just convice her that patty pan squash tastes the same as the straight squash that we usually get. She doesn't like the shape of them... *rolls eys*

Comments (4)