SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Oh ny God! Tell me evrything will be ok? Cold Temps!

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

Ok...Everyone here knows that I have a popupi greenhouse outside.

I have had it going ALL winter without one problem. Well just one. I had a dream I lost one heater when it was 5 degrees outside, just to wake up to this dream and see that this DID happen! I had to run out and get a replacement withing 20 minutes.

Two space heaters and not a hitch before or after that day. It has braved fierce winds, below 0 days and nights, and even thick snow, all that work!

Well, it is suppose to be finally into the 40's to 50's starting tomorrow in which winter has finally broke it's back.

I took a look at the thermometer first thing this am as I always do, at about 5am, and it told me a reading of 65 in there, just beautiful.

On my way to work at that time, I was thinking "Hum, wouldn't it be a joke if for some reason on the very last day of these freezing temps, that I lost my electricity after a long winter just to loose them now that I am past the frigid temps?" Nawwww

Well It did happen!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mother called me at 600 am to tell me it was reading 34 in there and to hurry and get home. Can you believe it?

Murphies law or what?

I got the heat going again and it got to the high 60's within a half hour.

Right now it is at perfect temps again and doing ok.

Do you think my plants will be ok at those temps for such a short duration? I have citrus, brunfelsia, hoyas, and jasmine in there. Sometimes I think my many tuitions are to accurate and come true too many times.

Can you beleive it? Just crazy. Thanks everyone

Mike

Comments (6)