SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljrmiller

Bulb Ordering Blues

ljrmiller
15 years ago

Okay, so most people would LOVE to have my "problems", but it doesn't mean I'm not feeling low and lost.

You see, this year and next, I won't be able to plant thousands of bulbs because I'll be 450 miles away from my garden attending school to get a new (another) degree in a new field (and yes, I'm excited about the course of study and the whole thing). In past years, I've put in at least 1000 bulbs per year.

And yes, I freely admit that I'm running out of places to PUT bulbs! I have to plant everything except my containers using either a small trowel or a dessert spoon so that I don't slice into already-planted perennials and bulbs from previous years and seasons (I can plant containers by just shoving the bulbs in to the proper depth with a gloved hand--potting soil is soft enough to do that).

But here I sit, feeling lost and sad because I've already placed my two orders for bulbs this year: one to Old House Gardens, and one to Odyssey Bulbs, less than 50 bulbs in all. I'm not buying a thing for my containers, nor am I buying hundreds of Crocus to continue putting into my very small remaining patch of lawn. I know--it's nothing more than withdrawal...

Lisa

Comments (3)