SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

Need clarification please

maidinmontana
16 years ago

I am not a new gardener but I do have a few new plants this summer I have never had before and would like some advice on caring for them. I have moss roses, they say drought tolerant, I know that means they do well with little water, however what happens if they aren't in drought conditions? I have some in a whiskey barrel and it seems as tho they are just sitting there doing nothing. We have had a lot of rain since I planted them and I was wondering if that has something to do with the growth. I have an ice plant in the same barrel and it seems to be doing fine, and it is drought tolerant as well.

Another ? I bought annual dianthus, the lady at the nursery said they re seed themselves. The flowers that were on the plant when I bought it have faded, do I need to pinch of spent blooms to keep it blooming all summer, or will they bloom without removing spendt blooms?

Carpet of snow alyssum, it was so full when I planted it in with my dianthus and petunias, now the blooms are all done and it doesn't have any signs of new blooms. Do these require removing spent blooms for new growth?

Comments (2)