SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irish_rose_grower

Realized just how much I LOVE Daff's - and best sources

irish_rose_grower
18 years ago

HI. I've been admiring a few daff's I have growing in my yard. I just LOVE this flower. It may be one of my favorite. I do also love tulips but annoyed that after getting blisters from planting 2 yrs ago, find out they don't come back.

I planted about 75 king arthur 2 yrs ago and they bloom mangnificently == then some type of a bug ate the bulbs. This year I only have about 5 blooms. all the rest died. I was really upset because I know these are supposed to come back every year and multiply as well.

So I decided I want lots more daff's. But I'm not going to plant in the same area where they were eaten.

So who are the best sources for daff's? And can I buy now, or wait till fall? What do you think about costco's bulbs -- I think they look great when I've seen them in the store.

And if anyone has any that are multiplying and they need to be divided I would love to trade for plants I have.

One last thing -- found a gorgeous clump of yellow/orange daff's growing in a closed down deli's parking lot. The deli has not been open for about 2 yrs. Everyday I drive by and admire these flowers from the car. It's 2 blocks from my house. I'm obsessed with thinking I must have those gorgeous daff's. So I'm thinking I take my dog for a walk and carry a small hand shovel in my coat pocket and dig them up and put in a plastic bag I'll have. I know it's considered "stealing" but what do you think??? I'm ready to do it.

Thanks

Maureen

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!